Email from Zach:
The five of us are at a cool hotel in Jaipur right now (the night of the 19th). We had a fun and eventful day but we'll tell stories later, I'm sure. I'm sorry you missed your flight, but I think it'll all work out. We want to explore a few more places in Rajastan and are really hoping to go on a camel trek (I'd love to be on a camel on my birthday the 21st!), but we have to find out if they have them in Bikandur this time of year. We also want to go to Pushkar. So, we're thinking we will get to Delhi on the 23rd or 24th. I know this is a little later than we thought but it should still give us 3 or 4 solid days in Delhi. The general consensus on this end has been that we like the more rural relgious and cultural things more than just walking down city streets so hopefully 4 days is enough for Delhi. Also, Emily, Kelsey and I are really penny pinching so we decided not to fly to Mangalore and just take trains. The 19 hour train to Jaipur was SO not as bad as we expected because we slept for half of it and chatted with interesting people in our cars for the rest. In terms of where to meet up in Delhi, we're flexible. We've just being calling hotels from our guide books upon arrival and going to the best one. Since it's hard to know where you'll be able to find room, I think you should email us with your hotel once you know. Natasha, it might be a good idea if we could set a restaurant to meet at for lunch on the 24th (this is what the five of us did in Mumbai) so regardless of availability issues we may run into with hotels, we can be sure we'll be together by lunch on the 24th. Let us know where you all end up in Delhi. Good luck with your travels!!!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear you're having so much fun! Happy Birthday Zach and good luck on that camel ride.
Remember the sunscreen, eat your vegetables. There, that's the required mom talk.
Enjoy!
Em's Mom
I dont want to wait to hear the stories. Please post them ASAP. If you dont do it as you go along you will forget. Plus I want to hear and live your adventure with you.
Jackie's Mom.
What makes the hotel "cool"?
Post a Comment