Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We had a really productive meeting today- everyone shared their last minute ideas about discretionary funds, travel insurance, etc. I had everyone finally sign a liability form, which makes me feel a little more secure. Also, we sorted all of the books for next year (which took us about 2.5 hours) into adult vs. kids books, and donated all of the books that we didn't need.

I guess the plan is the following: everyone (all the freshmen) will get into Bombay around June 16-17. On the morning of the 18th they will take a train to Delhi, perhaps stopping in interesting places in the north. Kenji and I will arrive in Bombay on the evening of the 19th, spend one night in Bombay, and then follow everyone else to Delhi. We will stay in Delhi/take day trips for about a week to a week and a half. Natasha will arrive in Delhi on June 20 and stay with her grandparents for 6 days. She will then fly down to Mangalore with Kelsey, and they will look for contractors, buy books in the local language, etc. Emily and Zach will follow on July 1. Also on July 1, Julia, Stephanie, Kenji, and I will fly down to the closest airport to Mundgod (probably Hydrabad). We will go to Mundgod on the first, and help Julia and Stephanie get settled in. We will then either travel to Mangalore, or travel around South India.

Julia and Stephanie still have to solidify their plans for travel in the south. What I think is best is if they take day trips out of Mundgod when they have time, perhaps on the weekend.

Kelsey will travel back up to Bombay on June 10 (perhaps with me and Kenji, or perhaps by herself). Kenji will fly back to Delhi on the 14th, so that he can fly to Nepal on the 15th. I will somehow get back to Bombay by June 15. Zach and Emily will stay in Mangalore until July 15, and Stephanie and Julia will stay in Mundgod until July 26.

Whew! that was confusing! It took us a while to figure out, but now we have a plan for travel that make sense.

No comments: