India has been a really interesting experience so far. I've found that I like the smaller village areas a lot more than the big cities. Arriving in Mumbai was pretty overwhelming. But then we went and spent time in Jaipur, Pushkar, Delhi, and today Agra. We saw some interesting temples and forts between Pushkar and Jaipur. And in Jaipur, we even rode an elephant! But there has been some down sides to the trip too. For example, people are constantly trying to rip us off when we buy things. Sometimes that can get really frustrating.
My birthday was two days ago and it was really fun. We went out to dinner with the whole entire group and then went out to listen to some Indian music. I was glad the whole group was together for it. But today is our last day all together. I am sad to split up because we have had so many incredible experiences together over the past week and a half, but it will also be good to get to Mangalore. We are taking a day and a half long train... And unfortunately Indian train food is not edible so we have to do some grocery shopping. Natasha also told us a few things to look forward to in Mangalore beyond the library project. She says she is taking us to a coffee estate and a good ice cream parlor. It'll be nice to get oriented down there. Alright, well we have had a lot of crazy adventures so far and I am a little sad to split up, but Mangalore will be amazing.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Em it's great to hear from you! That sounds like an incredibly long train ride - I hope you can get some rest and perhaps walk a bit. It sounds like an opportunity for some journal writing. I have been practicing my Indian culinary skills - I'm sure you'll be amazed when you arrive home. We're looking forward to hearing about Mangalore.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment